By promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning, and working with the families of our children and young people, we look to ensuring to that the child is at the core of all we do.
The idea of creating an Academy of several schools grew out of a belief that schools working together and supporting each other is the best way to achieve success. It means that we can share skills and experiences more widely. We can extend our social networks for our children and families and pool resources providing them with a greater range of opportunities.
John Ayres OBE, Principal
Everyone involved in the Eden Academy, whichever school they are based at, and whatever role they play, are all working with the following aims in mind:
The Eden Academy will create a centre of educational excellence where our young people will achieve exceptional outcomes.
- The Eden Academy will be a national leader in special education.
- Our mission is to draw on the individual strengths of each Academy school to build good practice and ensure that outstanding teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- Young people will achieve excellent academic outcomes in a safe and nurturing environment and be empowered to make decisions about their lives and their contribution to society.
- We will nurture our staff professionally.
- We will create positive relationships with our parents and the wider community.