The Board of Members
The Board of Members (or ‘members’) has ultimate control over the Eden Academy Trust.
They have the power to:
- appoint (or remove) Trustees
- issue instructions to the Trustees to take a specific action
- appoint the Trust’s auditors and receive the Trust’s annual accounts
- change the name of the Trust and ultimately, close the Trust.
Members meet once a year for an Annual General Meeting where they review performance across the Trust as well as discuss with Trustees new developments and their vision for the future.
You can find more information and profiles of the members here.
Review the Declarations of Interest of the Eden Academy Trust Members, Trustees and Audit Committee Members.
The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees (or ‘trustees’) are responsible for the performance, achievement and overall direction of the Eden Academy Trust. Legal accountability for all aspects of the Trust lies with the trustees including finance, personnel and premises, and the educational performance of the schools.
The trustees offer support, constructive advice and help to the CEO, Senior Leadership team and School Heads where needed, but will also challenge, ask questions and seek information to find the best solution for the Trust.
Trustees are responsible for four main areas:
- Strategy - they create the vision, ethos and strategy for the Trust and its schools and make sure there there is a strong and effective leadership structure and personnel in place across the Trust.
- Performance - they oversee and challenge the Trust’s education performance data and financial capability and management systems.
- Compliance – they establish the governance structures for the Trust and make sure it complies with all relevant regulations and the law.
- Communication – they engage with parents, pupils and staff and help to develop relationships beyond the Trust.
You can find more information and profiles of the trustees here.
Board of Trustees Committees
The Board of Trustees establish committees to support the work of the Trust. These committees include a finance committee, a performance management committee and audit committee.
Trust Senior Leadership Team
Responsibility for the internal organisation, management and control of the Trust, implementing plans and policies is delegated by the Trustees to the Senior Leadership Team.
The Senior Leadership Team comprises the CEO, Director for Academy Development, Director for Finance and Operations and Regional Directors for Schools.
You can find more information and profiles of our senior leaders here.
The role of the Heads of School and Headteachers is to be responsible for the operational day-to-day running of the schools and to be the first point of contact for pupils, staff and parents.
You can find more information and profiles of our Heads of School and Headteachers here.
Our Local Advisory Boards
Each school's Local Advisory Board (LAB) is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees. LAB members consist of parents, staff and community representatives who provide advice and support to help each school achieve its aims. The LAB is not a legal entity in its own right. Legal accountability for all aspects of the school lies with the Trustees including finance, personnel and premises, and the educational performance of the school.
The LAB is designed to help key stakeholders to get involved in the life of the school and the Trust, contribute to its development and promote the school within the community. Individual members of the each school LAB can be invited to be part of a Board of Trustees Committee.
The LAB meets three times a year but LAB members may also set up their own groups to focus on specific areas which might meet more frequently and include regular visits to the school.
Our Service Managers
We have also structured a range of Academy Trust wide roles and responsibilities that function across all of our schools to ensure consistency and best practice. These are:
- Family Services and Safeguarding
- Therapies - Arts, Physical and Speech and Language therapies
- Professional Development and Support service.
You can find more information and profiles of our Service Managers here.
We are very proud of our professional staff. Everyone from teachers, assistants, therapists, administrative and support staff to pastoral carers, are all dedicated to the development of the children and young people that they educate and look after.