Our team approach, led by our Board of Trustees, blends the best educational and therapeutic practice, working closely with families and carers to identify and meet all the needs of our young people.
Our Board of Members & Trustees
Our Board of Members and Trustees comprises people that have been chosen for their extensive skills and experience in areas such as education, finance and asset management, some of whom may also sit on one of the Local Advisory Boards of our family of schools.
It is the Boards' role to ensure that the collective eye of all our schools is firmly focused on the vision of providing outstanding education for all our pupils and to hold the schools accountable for delivering this vision.
Our Senior Leadership Team
Our senior leadership team comprises our CEO, Directors and Heads.
Our CEO is Susan Douglas, who plays a leading role in the strategy and direction of the Academy, creating and shaping its development.
Susan has been working for over 20 years in education - as a headteacher, at national level for the National College of School Leadership, and now internationally in her role as Senior Advisor for Schools at the British Council.
Each have their own areas of expertise and experience.
- John Ayres OBE is our Director for Academy Development and is a National Leader of Education (NLE). He manages the Academy's Professional Development & Support Services, Therapy Services and Free School development. He is also responsible for Leadership coaching across the Academy, as well as being Executive Head at Sunshine House School.
- Jarlath O'Brien is our Director for Schools, and as such, manages the Heads at Pentland Field, Moorcroft, Grangewood and Alexandra School. He is also responsible for the Academy's Family Services and Safeguarding team.
- Sudhi Pathak is our Director for Finance and Operations and looks after Heath & Safety, Finance, Asset management, IT and Risk for the Academy.
The role of the Heads of School and Headteachers is to be responsible for the operational day-to-day running of the schools and to be the first point of contact for pupils, staff and parents.
- Alexandra School – Perdy Buchanan-Barrow (Headteacher)
- Grangewood School – Hilary McDermott (Associate Headteacher)
- Moorcroft School – Andrew Sanders (Headteacher)
- Pentland Field School - Audrey Pantelis (Head of School)
- RNIB Sunshine House School – Jackie Seaman (Head of School)
Our Local Advisory Boards
Our Local Advisory Boards are responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of each of our schools and to oversee the individual schools’ development in areas such as curriculum, premises and finance.
Our Service Managers
We have also structured a range of Academy-wide roles and responsibilities that function across all of our schools to ensure consistency and best practice. These are:
- Family Services and Safeguarding
- Therapies - Arts, Physical and Speech and Language therapies
- Professional Development and Support services
We are very proud of our professional staff. Everyone from teachers, assistants, therapists, administrative and support staff to pastoral carers, are all dedicated to the development of the children and young people that they educate and look after.